Thursday 26 September 2013

Follow Your Own Life Path


 

 

As a young person my life was mapped out for me by the choices other people had made for me. My parents bless their hearts in all good intentions decided that I was to spend my life in the business world doing what ever it was that was there for me. Truthfully there was nothing in the business world for me but sorrow. Every job I held in that world was uninteresting and it was not long before I quit or left the position for one reason or another. No reasons were ever significant until now.

I grew up, I went to school (several times), I got married, had children, all that expected stuff but I was unhappy. I bought a business, operated it and closed it after being kicked repeatedly by the industry. I had had my fair share of disappointments by this time. But it was during that time that I realized that I’ve done everything that everyone else had expected of me and not what made me happy. So what made me happy? It was not the main stream; in fact the main stream is an absolute foreign language to me.

 

What makes me happy and is my life’s path is to be creative. I am a musician, I craft (sew and knit), I cook, I write and I want to learn how to draw. I have found that this path is one that continues forward for me and it is enjoyable and I am learning how to make money doing the things I love to do. But I wish to tell you that as a young person I was duly informed that this was no life to be had that being creative was not a trait that was acceptable and that I must conform to the expectations of everyone else around me. I was pinned into something that had no direction for me. So I flopped along and fully wasted time, as there was nothing else I could do.

I spent many hours studying Spirituality and taking salvation in a secret place where I could journey on my life’s path. It took me many years to over come the fear of disappointing other people. I needed to remember that my life is about me and not about them and their expectations of me. I know that had I been allowed to develop my creative side at a younger age life overall would have been a much happier experience in general. Although for the most part I am relatively bouncy and happy go lucky.

I have accepted this portion of my life as it stands and from it I take every moment as a learning moment. What have I learned? I have learned who I am and what I am meant to be. I now have a clear view of the path I am to follow and for the most part have been able to map out the directions the forks in the road will take me. I look forward to the rest of my life and the new journey and I am grateful for the lessons of the past.

 

It is never too late to look at the direction of your life and to assess or reassess your journey. Look deep within yourself, within your heart, and meditate. You may find that where you are is exactly where you should be or you may find you need to make some changes, but either way you know yourself the best and know what path is right for you.

 

Blessed Be
1.
Pin It