Wednesday 2 October 2013

The French Kiss



 
After spending a lovely Valentine’s Day with my husband I started to wonder what are the origins of the French kiss? I began my research as always using an internet search engine and I came up with very little in the way of useful information. I mostly found information on how to perform this act not on where it came from. So I dug a little deeper and discovered that it was not the French people who first performed this very intimate and sensual act nor did they name it.

 

This type of kiss was named after the French because of their open sensuality and their acceptance of overtly public displays of affection way back in the early nineteen twenties. For most of the rest of the modern world this type of behaviour was frowned upon in public and was meant only for the bedroom of a married couple.

 

It was the arrival home of the soldiers from World War I that brought this kiss to North America. After spending their rotations with European women many of the soldiers came home with a new way of kissing that involved not just the lips but the tongue as well. This kiss was deeply passionate and extremely intimate. Almost as if they were making love with this part of their bodies, how romantic!

 

So no one really knows who coined the term French kiss not that it really matters. This act of passion is overtly sensual and pleases most human beings. It is a delicate balance of touching that can be subtle or more actively stimulating depending on the desire of each person involved. Now isn’t love grand?

1.
Pin It